Sunday, January 13, 2008

Giant Ayn Rand Poster





In a magazine I saw a house with a huge wall-size poster of Jim Morrison, Jimmy Hendrix and Che in, and really liked the idea, but didnt fancy a pic of any of those up on my wall, so made up my own Ayn Rand version - it is kind of Andy Warhol style (posterised).

I thought a giant photographic image of Ayn might give the kids nightmares, so thought this approach was a bit more artistic!

Mounted it on polystyrene, and put it up in my house today - it looks Fantastic - here are some pics of it.

I have a couple of interchangeable panels with a different quote on

The other quotes are:

To deal with men by force is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion

and

Reality is what it is regardless of your thoughts or wishes

When I get sick of one, I can change it for another.

Each panel of the poster is 660 x 510













4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a jolly good idea, Tomahawk.

I notice Peter has highlighted this on his weblog, which is splendid.

(Isn't your Dining Room a bit close to the Kitchen?)

2:21 pm  
Blogger Rick said...

Hah.
Pretty full on.

10:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I just came across your wonderful Warhol style Ayn Rand poster as I was looking for a Rand poster to put up in my dorm. You said you made this yourself, I'm wondering where you got such a high resolution image of Rand to make it with. The biggest I could find isn't nearly large enough. If you have any ideas, please email me at eslamicolt3@gmail.com

Thanks!

7:24 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice picture!
I have the same request as Shawn. Can you help me with a nice picture i could use for this purpose. The one you used looks great!
My email is: vermeulen027@hotmail.com

Thanks!

2:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home